Oh heavens. If I ever catch up on this blog, it will be a miracle.
Back in October (yes, October), we did a lot of fun things. First thing we did was get our family pictures taken. I won a free photography session from my friend's sister in law, which I was super excited about because I never win those kind of things. We were planning on getting family pictures anyway so it worked out great that we didn't have to pay for them! We decided to go up Hobble Creek Canyon. There is a little campsite up there called Jolly's Ranch with a cute white barn and lots of pretty trees with the leaves changing color. The kids behaved moderately well and I absolutely loved how the pictures turned out!
The following week, we had planned a little stay-cation as a family. Covey took work off on a Friday so we had all day to play and then we all spent the night in a hotel and played more the next day. In the morning, we drove up to the zoo. The weather was perfect: nice and sunny but not too hot. Makadie loved seeing all the animals. Trey just liked sitting in the stroller and looking around.
We left the zoo and drove to our hotel, which was only about 15 minutes away and both Kadie and Trey fell asleep on the way. After checking in, we put Trey down for a nap and relaxed a bit. When he woke up, we all went down to the pool. Trey was not a fan. Kadie, on the other hand, loved it. We had bought her one of those floaters that goes around the chest and arms and with it, she could go anywhere she wanted to in the pool. Her favorite part of course was the hot tub. Covey convinced her to jump into the pool after being in the hot tub and she immediately wanted to come back to the hot tub. She still refers to the "warm pool" and the "cold pool". My mom came over to the hotel and watched the kids while Covey and I went to dinner and a movie.
The next morning, we got ready to go and drove down to Thanksgiving Point to explore the Museum of Natural Curiosity. We got there right as Trey would have normally gone down for a nap and I was hoping the Trey would fall asleep in the baby Bjorn but no such luck. Thankfully, he wasn't too grumpy while we were there. Makadie had lots of fun looking at all the stuff they had there, but she was definitely ready for a nap by the time it was time to leave. She fell asleep again on the way home, tired girl. All in all, it was a fun little stay-cation!
In Springville, there is a lot of farmland for both animals and crops. Every October, one of the local farmers has this little thing he puts together at the side of one of his fields called Jaker's Pumpkin Patch. It is probably one of the best things to do around here in the fall because everything is FREE. The only thing you have to pay for is a pumpkin if you want to buy one. They have a huge corn pit, hay mazes, hay rides, animals, haystacks to climb on and big tube slides. Seriously, so much fun! We met up with my sister, her husband and their little boy and had a nice little evening.
We painted pumpkins for FHE one night and Makadie had a lot of fun! Her pumpkins were a little creepy though...
On another night, we got a couple pumpkins and carved them. Kadie loved pulling the pumpkin "guts" out and putting them in the bowl.
Our ward did a neighborhood Halloween party the weekend before Halloween. Makadie's costume wasn't ready at that point but she did have a little cat tutu dress up that she was happy to wear. She was also really into Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood during this time and I told her she could dress up like Katarina Makadie Cat (as opposed to just Katarina Kitty Cat). I know I'm biased, but she looked so cute in it. Trey just wore his astronaut costume and everyone commented on how cute the kids were.
For Halloween, I decided to dress Makadie up as Tinkerbell because she was really into all the Tinkerbell movies on Netflix. I found a tutorial for a tulle costume and went to work. I think I restarted the dang thing at least 3 times--the tulle was too tight, too loose, not long enough--but I finally got it right. When I asked Makadie to try it on, she absolutely would not cooperate. I had to bribe her to try on her Tinkerbell costume! Ugh. Kids. Trey's costume was a hand me down astronaut costumer from my sister in law. It fit him perfectly and he looked so darn cute in it.
The day before Halloween was nice and sunny and warm, which made it perfect for pictures. My sister came over with her little boy and we took a bunch of pictures of the kids in their costumes. I had to bribe Makadie again to wear her Tinkerbell costume (seriously?) but she looked so cute flouncing around in it that I didn't care. Trey-man was perfect and gave me the cutest smiles.
Halloween day was not nearly as nice as the day before which was a total bummer. It was windy and kind of cold. We all went around the neighborhood together at first, but eventually Covey took Trey home to put him to bed and I finished with Makadie. When we'd go to a door, I'd prompt Kadie to say 'trick or treat', but mostly she just said "treat, please".
Our little Trey turned 7 months in October. He was sitting up by himself, eating all sorts of food and had his 2 bottom teeth in with his 2 top ones trying to come in. He was such a happy baby.
Back in October (yes, October), we did a lot of fun things. First thing we did was get our family pictures taken. I won a free photography session from my friend's sister in law, which I was super excited about because I never win those kind of things. We were planning on getting family pictures anyway so it worked out great that we didn't have to pay for them! We decided to go up Hobble Creek Canyon. There is a little campsite up there called Jolly's Ranch with a cute white barn and lots of pretty trees with the leaves changing color. The kids behaved moderately well and I absolutely loved how the pictures turned out!
The following week, we had planned a little stay-cation as a family. Covey took work off on a Friday so we had all day to play and then we all spent the night in a hotel and played more the next day. In the morning, we drove up to the zoo. The weather was perfect: nice and sunny but not too hot. Makadie loved seeing all the animals. Trey just liked sitting in the stroller and looking around.
We left the zoo and drove to our hotel, which was only about 15 minutes away and both Kadie and Trey fell asleep on the way. After checking in, we put Trey down for a nap and relaxed a bit. When he woke up, we all went down to the pool. Trey was not a fan. Kadie, on the other hand, loved it. We had bought her one of those floaters that goes around the chest and arms and with it, she could go anywhere she wanted to in the pool. Her favorite part of course was the hot tub. Covey convinced her to jump into the pool after being in the hot tub and she immediately wanted to come back to the hot tub. She still refers to the "warm pool" and the "cold pool". My mom came over to the hotel and watched the kids while Covey and I went to dinner and a movie.
The next morning, we got ready to go and drove down to Thanksgiving Point to explore the Museum of Natural Curiosity. We got there right as Trey would have normally gone down for a nap and I was hoping the Trey would fall asleep in the baby Bjorn but no such luck. Thankfully, he wasn't too grumpy while we were there. Makadie had lots of fun looking at all the stuff they had there, but she was definitely ready for a nap by the time it was time to leave. She fell asleep again on the way home, tired girl. All in all, it was a fun little stay-cation!
In Springville, there is a lot of farmland for both animals and crops. Every October, one of the local farmers has this little thing he puts together at the side of one of his fields called Jaker's Pumpkin Patch. It is probably one of the best things to do around here in the fall because everything is FREE. The only thing you have to pay for is a pumpkin if you want to buy one. They have a huge corn pit, hay mazes, hay rides, animals, haystacks to climb on and big tube slides. Seriously, so much fun! We met up with my sister, her husband and their little boy and had a nice little evening.
We painted pumpkins for FHE one night and Makadie had a lot of fun! Her pumpkins were a little creepy though...
On another night, we got a couple pumpkins and carved them. Kadie loved pulling the pumpkin "guts" out and putting them in the bowl.
Our ward did a neighborhood Halloween party the weekend before Halloween. Makadie's costume wasn't ready at that point but she did have a little cat tutu dress up that she was happy to wear. She was also really into Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood during this time and I told her she could dress up like Katarina Makadie Cat (as opposed to just Katarina Kitty Cat). I know I'm biased, but she looked so cute in it. Trey just wore his astronaut costume and everyone commented on how cute the kids were.
For Halloween, I decided to dress Makadie up as Tinkerbell because she was really into all the Tinkerbell movies on Netflix. I found a tutorial for a tulle costume and went to work. I think I restarted the dang thing at least 3 times--the tulle was too tight, too loose, not long enough--but I finally got it right. When I asked Makadie to try it on, she absolutely would not cooperate. I had to bribe her to try on her Tinkerbell costume! Ugh. Kids. Trey's costume was a hand me down astronaut costumer from my sister in law. It fit him perfectly and he looked so darn cute in it.
The day before Halloween was nice and sunny and warm, which made it perfect for pictures. My sister came over with her little boy and we took a bunch of pictures of the kids in their costumes. I had to bribe Makadie again to wear her Tinkerbell costume (seriously?) but she looked so cute flouncing around in it that I didn't care. Trey-man was perfect and gave me the cutest smiles.
Halloween day was not nearly as nice as the day before which was a total bummer. It was windy and kind of cold. We all went around the neighborhood together at first, but eventually Covey took Trey home to put him to bed and I finished with Makadie. When we'd go to a door, I'd prompt Kadie to say 'trick or treat', but mostly she just said "treat, please".
Our little Trey turned 7 months in October. He was sitting up by himself, eating all sorts of food and had his 2 bottom teeth in with his 2 top ones trying to come in. He was such a happy baby.
















































1 comments:
So cute! Now I'm excited for Halloween and fall 😁
Post a Comment