I can't believe my second baby is one! (Technically he's 16 months now...) The first year went by so fast! Definitely faster than the first year with Kadie and that felt fast too. We sure love our sweet boy and are so grateful for him in our lives.
I wanted to get some one year pictures taken of Trey so I asked around and my neighbor offered to do it. I was really hoping Trey would be in a good mood and cooperative. He is a happy kid, but not always super smiley when it comes to taking pictures. As part of the pictures, we wanted to do a smash cake. I think it's fun to watch kids with their first cake. I made Trey's cake with bright blue cake and white frosting. I think we ended up with some pretty cute shots of my little buddy!
As mentioned in my previous post, we were in St. George over his actual birthday. We got home on Friday and had planned to have family over for his party the following day. I didn't leave myself much time to prepare so I was a little stressed, but everything turned out fine. Probably my favorite part of the party was watching him shake with excitement and then devour his cupcake. So funny!
By the time Trey turned one, he could stand by himself and had taken a couple steps but not very consistently as he still crawled faster than he could walk. But about 3 weeks after his first birthday he was walking and doing it fast! He realized walking was a better way to try and keep up with his sister. ;) He had 8 teeth--top 4 and bottom 4--and loved eating anything he could get his hands on. At his one year appointment, he was above average in his height (2 ft 8 in, 98th percentile) and weight (22 lbs, 60th percentile) and average for head circumference (46.4 cm, 50th percentile).



















0 comments:
Post a Comment