Friday, July 2, 2010

Sad Day for Covey

...but happy day for me! Let me explain: We were getting ready for church on Father's Day when I heard "oh no!" coming from the bedroom. I walked in to find Covey holding this:

If you look closely at this picture, you'll see that Covey is holding his phone in pieces--melted pieces to be exact.  He was quite sad about this, which is to be expected.

When Covey had plugged his phone in to charge the night before, he had set it on top of the lamp and then later turned the lamp on to read, forgetting that his phone was on top of it.  So the next morning, he found the back of his beloved Blackberry had been melted.  Literally.  The back of the phone had melted and curved around the shape of the lightbulb, his battery was bent and his sim card had been melted and partially fused to the inside of the phone.  Needless to say, he needed a new phone.  Here's the part where I explain why all this was good for me. :)

I had actually been holding out on getting a new phone from Tmobile until I found one that I liked.  I was due for an upgrade back in April but had kind of forgotten about it until this incident.  I told Covey, "You know what this means?  You get to use my old phone and I get a new one!  Yay!"  Covey didn't really think that there was any yay-ing to be done about this and I felt bad about his phone melting.  I really did.  But this meant I could get a new phone!

The next day we went to the Tmobile store and I found this little beauty:
A Nokia Nuron

I was pretty excited about my new phone.  Sadly, Covey is going to have to settle for using my phone for the next year until he can qualify for an upgrade.  Until then, I will let him use my phone to play with.  Sometimes.  When I'm not playing with it.  :)

0 comments: