Monday, July 19, 2010

Covey the Mechanic

Last Thursday when Covey and I got home from Wally World (aka WalMart), Covey went to get out of the car and couldn't.  I thought something was just stuck in the door that was preventing him from getting out so I went around to open the door.  I opened it without a problem and there was nothing stuck in the door.  Hmmm...  I shut the door again and he tried to get out and couldn't.  Lovely.  By this time, it was about 9:30pm and light was fading fast.  Covey tried to take the interior of the door off, but we couldn't find all the screws that needed unscrewing to allow this so we waited until Saturday to see what could be done.  In the meantime, I had to roll down the window to let myself out of the car.  Annoying.  So come Saturday, Covey decided to take the door apart again to see if he can find out why the door is broken.  The good news is, he fixed it!  He is so smart.  :)


Then, Covey went to work on the windshield.  When we were driving back from our 24 hour trip, a massive truck flipped a massive rock at our front windshield and we got a massive chip and the beginnings of a massive crack.  Covey being the money-saver he is, ordered a do-it-yourself rock chip fixing kit. 


Thankfully, it seems to have fixed the crack quite well and we saved ourselves a good chunk of money.  Yay for Covey!

0 comments: