Friday, April 29, 2011

New Home Update #13

I have good news and bad news: 
The bad news is that I do not have many pictures of the progress on our home.
The good news is that the reason for this is because there have been people working on the house every time I stop by to look at it!  (I'm not supposed to go in if there are workers there.)

Basically, this is what they have done since the last time I posted:
  • finished painting
  • finished putting cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms
  • measured for granite countertops in kitchen
  • electrical outlets have been put on
  • finished stucco on the outside
  • finished with the stone on the outside
 It's possible that more than this has been done but we don't know for sure because they have put the locks on the doors to the house and so now we can't get in to walk around and check things out.  I am kind of bummed about this because of course I want to see the progress and take pictures but it's a good thing they have the locks on because now anyone working on the inside has to have a key to the house so it is more regulated.

In talking to my dad this last week (he built his house), he said that it sounds like they are working pretty fast to get everything done--hopefully this means it will be done BEFORE May 9th, but we will just have to see.

The things they have left to do are:
  • put the carpet in
  • install the granite countertops
  • install the garage door
  • pour the driveway
  • pour sidewalk and steps to front porch
  • put steps out the back door
  • plumbing
  • lighting
Eek!  It kind of sounds like a lot when I start listing it that way but I know that multiple things can be done at a time and even multiple things in a day.  I should probably just stop thinking about it (yeah right!) and focus on getting my house packed up.  Again, I say, eek!

0 comments: