A couple of days ago, I was telling Covey that I was bored and we needed to get out and do something. He suggested we go out on a date the following day (Friday) and I agreed. (We go out most weeks but I was just especially bored this last week. Darn weather!)
After work on Friday, we met at our new house to take a look at it. When Covey got there, he motioned for me to come over to his car and surprised me with flowers! So sweet! I love that he picked out a gerbera daisy because that was the flower we had at our wedding.
Then we went into the house to check out the updates. The most noticeable changes were first layer of stuff they put on the outside of the house for the stone and stucco (you thought we'd picked a gray exterior, huh?), the new laminate hardwood flooring, the baseboards, the windowsills and the doors on all the rooms (p.s. we LOVE our doors. They are called 2 panel v-groove and the are AWESOME).
We stopped home to drop off one of the cars and then went to Arby's and got some food. You really can't go wrong with Arby's. Love it. Then we stopped by a furniture place to take a look at a bedroom set we thought looked nice and was within our price range (turns out it was not very high quality, hence the low price).
I suggested that since we were out and about that we should stop by some stores and see if we could get some boxes for packing up all our stuff we have to store until we can move into our new house. And let me tell you, we hit the JACKPOT. Covey saw some people taking boxes out to the recycling bin behind a store and they told us we could take them. So we did a little dumpster diving. :)
After our dumpster diving adventure, we went and bought some plastic bins to store our clothes in while we are semi-homeless and went home and starting packing up. It was kind of an unusual date night but we had fun and we were productive too! Can't complain about that! :)

2 comments:
was dumpster diving a dating idea from the dating divas? ;) How exciting that your house has made so much progress! I can't wait to come see it in August :)
haha! No Erica, we came up with that all by ourselves. :) I'm excited for you guys to come see our house (and us)! ;)
Post a Comment