Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter in St. George

This year for Easter, Covey and I got the chance to go down to St. George with my dad, step-mom (Sharon), step-sister (Brooke), her husband and their kids.  My dad and Sharon partially own a condo down there and it happened to be available over Easter weekend so we though 'what the heck' and decided to go down.  I am SO happy that we did!  The weather was beautiful and sunny and just what I needed to give me a little pick-me-up in the midst of the crappy northern Utah weather that can't decide which season it wants to be.  (Sorry to those of you stuck in that this last weekend!)

Covey and I drove down on Friday afternoon and got to St. George around 6:30.  We really didn't do a lot besides relax and just be with each other.  We went to the pool (hallelujah!) and soaked up some sunshine, watched movies, played card games with Sayler and River (niece and nephew), did a little hiking, went to sacrament meeting in a random ward and had Easter dinner with my aunt who lives down there.  We left on Monday afternoon around 2:30 and got a little delayed by the stormy weather.  We stopped by our house to check on the progress (this will be in a separate post).  Then we went to Sonic and got some yummy Chicken Club Toasters, got home, unpacked and relaxed some more.  It was a great weekend! 













2 comments:

McCall said...

Ah, jealous! I miss St George so much when we aren't there!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. We drove through St. George during our USA holiday in 2009.