Friday, August 29, 2014

Makadie's 2nd Birthday

As I write this post--7 months after the fact--I am seriously amazed at how BIG Makadie has grown in such a short period of time.  It kind of makes me want to cry.  But she is so much fun right now and such a sweet girl that I guess I can't complain.

For Makadie's 2nd birthday, we decided to keep it a little more low key than her first birthday.  We took her to Kangaroo Zoo because so many friends suggested it and said that their kids loved it so much.  Makadie loves to have fun and play so we thought this would be perfect for her.  But...when we got there, she didn't want to do anything.  I think she might have been a little put off by all the kids and the screaming and the huge bouncy toys.  After quite a bit of coaxing, she finally tried out a few of the smaller bounce toys and slides.























After Kangaroo Zoo, we took her out to lunch at Coney's, then it was back home to take a much needed nap.







We invited grandparents and siblings over to our house for cake and ice cream that evening.  We gave Makadie a cupcake with a couple candles in it and she blew them out without any prompting.  That's my girl!










0 comments: