Wow, October doesn't seem like it was almost 5 months ago, yet here we are in February. Time sure flies! We had some fun events during October and the weather was so nice, which made it even better!
One of the first things I did in October was make a Halloween-ish wreath. I think wreaths are fun, but I don't like to buy them so I'm always looking for cute, easy and inexpensive ones to make. I made this one in a couple hours and love the way it turned out. I only wish we either had a different colored door, or that I'd chosen different colored tulle. Oh, well, I still love it!
As Makadie has grown, she has decided that she likes to sit at the kitchen table to do things. She's still a little short to eat at the table, but for other activities like coloring and stickers, it's actually better that she sit at the table because there's a bigger surface area. So, we looked into getting a booster seat for Kadie and found a cute one on Amazon that wasn't too expensive and is super portable. It makes going to other people's houses so much easier. And if Makadie wants to sit up at the table she always asked to sit in her "turtle chair".
Back in March or April, I had purchased a deal for an online photography class. By the time I got around to signing up for the class, they were all filled until October. At first I was a little bummed because I wanted to take some summer pictures, but then I realized that if I had to pick a fall month, October was the best. So I took the class, which was one lesson each week and then submit one assignment to be evaluated by the instructor. I really liked the class and felt like I learned some really good skills. I love to take pictures and Covey got me a Canon Rebel two summers ago that I hadn't really learned how to use. Here are the pictures that I submitted to the instructor each week:
Towards the beginning of the month, I found out about a cute little pumpkin patch here in Springville where I live where the activities were all free. I love free, especially when it is a kid activity because I don't want to pay for myself and I think Makadie is still too little to have to pay for most things. So I planned to go with my friend, Lindsay and her daughter Lily (who Kadie called La-la), one morning. We really couldn't have picked a better day to go. The sun was shining, blue skies, no mud on the ground... It was great. I brought my Canon with me hoping to capture some fun pictures of the girls and I wasn't disappointed! The activities were perfect for little kids: there were some animals, a hay maze, a tractor ride, a huge corn pit and tons of pumpkins. I did have a bit of a scare for about 30 seconds when Makadie went through a small opening in the big kid hay maze and it let out somewhere near the end of the maze instead of just around the corner like I thought. When I came out the end of the maze, Makadie was playing with a group of kids, totally oblivious to the moment of panic she had caused me. (Hopefully that is not a foreshadowing of what's to come!) By the end of the morning, the girls were ready to go home and take a nap and I was ready to relax myself! Such a fun day though.
Because Makadie and I had so much fun at the pumpkin patch, we decided to go back a couple weeks late for FHE and invited my sister, Dani and her husband Stephen to come with their baby Jackson. A ton of people had the same idea, of course, but it was still lots of fun. Makadie saw a few more animals than were there before and we got to do a fun and free family activity.
One of the first things I did in October was make a Halloween-ish wreath. I think wreaths are fun, but I don't like to buy them so I'm always looking for cute, easy and inexpensive ones to make. I made this one in a couple hours and love the way it turned out. I only wish we either had a different colored door, or that I'd chosen different colored tulle. Oh, well, I still love it!
As Makadie has grown, she has decided that she likes to sit at the kitchen table to do things. She's still a little short to eat at the table, but for other activities like coloring and stickers, it's actually better that she sit at the table because there's a bigger surface area. So, we looked into getting a booster seat for Kadie and found a cute one on Amazon that wasn't too expensive and is super portable. It makes going to other people's houses so much easier. And if Makadie wants to sit up at the table she always asked to sit in her "turtle chair".
Back in March or April, I had purchased a deal for an online photography class. By the time I got around to signing up for the class, they were all filled until October. At first I was a little bummed because I wanted to take some summer pictures, but then I realized that if I had to pick a fall month, October was the best. So I took the class, which was one lesson each week and then submit one assignment to be evaluated by the instructor. I really liked the class and felt like I learned some really good skills. I love to take pictures and Covey got me a Canon Rebel two summers ago that I hadn't really learned how to use. Here are the pictures that I submitted to the instructor each week:
Towards the beginning of the month, I found out about a cute little pumpkin patch here in Springville where I live where the activities were all free. I love free, especially when it is a kid activity because I don't want to pay for myself and I think Makadie is still too little to have to pay for most things. So I planned to go with my friend, Lindsay and her daughter Lily (who Kadie called La-la), one morning. We really couldn't have picked a better day to go. The sun was shining, blue skies, no mud on the ground... It was great. I brought my Canon with me hoping to capture some fun pictures of the girls and I wasn't disappointed! The activities were perfect for little kids: there were some animals, a hay maze, a tractor ride, a huge corn pit and tons of pumpkins. I did have a bit of a scare for about 30 seconds when Makadie went through a small opening in the big kid hay maze and it let out somewhere near the end of the maze instead of just around the corner like I thought. When I came out the end of the maze, Makadie was playing with a group of kids, totally oblivious to the moment of panic she had caused me. (Hopefully that is not a foreshadowing of what's to come!) By the end of the morning, the girls were ready to go home and take a nap and I was ready to relax myself! Such a fun day though.
Because Makadie and I had so much fun at the pumpkin patch, we decided to go back a couple weeks late for FHE and invited my sister, Dani and her husband Stephen to come with their baby Jackson. A ton of people had the same idea, of course, but it was still lots of fun. Makadie saw a few more animals than were there before and we got to do a fun and free family activity.
In the middle of the month, we decided to do some updated family pictures. We'd had some done about a year before, but of course Makadie had grown a ton since then and we were kind of tired of the ones we had. I had seen a flier in the mail for a place called CheapShots. They only charged $85 for the session, plus they included 10-15 edited pictures and a CD with all of our pictures. I looked on their website to get a feel for the style and liked it so I called them and set up an appointment. The day came for pictures and the weather was perfect. The only thing that wasn't perfect was Makadie's behavior... She is usually pretty happy and social, but she picked that day to be a stinker. She didn't want to smile for pictures or do any of the cute things she usually does. I tried not to be upset, but I really wanted the pictures to turn out well. After we finished up and got Makadie home, we realized she had a major diaper rash, which was why she was being so naughty. Then I felt like a bad mom for being mad. Ah well, such is life. We got the pictures back a week or so later and I was really happy to find that the photographer had done a pretty good job of capturing some good photos.
Nothing much happened during the second half of the month until we got to Halloween. About half way through the month, Covey started to ask Makadie what a ghost says and taught her they say, "boo!" with the little hand motions. It was pretty cute to see her do it. So like I said in my previous post, I had found Makadie's costume at the same place I'd found the princess dresses. But instead of dressing her like a princess for Halloween, I dressed her up as a little devil. :) She really isn't a devil child at all, so it was just kind of funny to me to dress her up as one. Plus, I thought it was a unique costume for her age.
Our ward had a Halloween party on the 30th at the church with some activities for the kids. I thought Makadie would have wanted to jump right into whatever was going on, but it turns out that seeing everyone in their Halloween costumes scared her more than anything. She barely cracked a smile the whole time we were there and wouldn't leave mine or Covey's side (we weren't dressed up). She just sat on our laps and looked around wide-eyed at everyone.
The next day was Halloween. Besides being the first Halloween that Makadie could really take part in trick or treating, it was also the day we were going to find out the gender of our baby! I had asked my mom to come and watch Kadie while Covey and I went to the appointment in Spanish Fork. We both had the feeling that we were going to be having a boy this time around, but were excited to see what the ultrasound would reveal (besides a healthy baby of course). So when the ultrasound tech showed us what we were having, we were like, "I knew it!" Everything else went smoothly and we left. We called our parents and siblings to let them know before we headed back home. Of course, we also took a picture in the car with the ultrasound print out showing the gender of the baby announcing we were having a baby and it was a boy! Most people didn't even know that I was pregnant (one advantage of having to bundle up in cold weather) so it was fun to surprise everyone.
Later that evening, I got Makadie all dressed up in her costume so we could go trick or treating when Covey got home. I'd been working with her for the last couple day trying to teach her how to say "Trick or Treat" and when she got up to someone's door and said it without prompting, I got the biggest smile. She just looked so darn cute! We just walked around our neighborhood block and Kadie was tired by the time we got back to our house. But not too tired to dump her candy out on the floor and try to eat it!
All in all, it was another good month for the Ogden's. And here's more pictures:
Makadie got a scrape on her nose that looked like a little heart
First pumpkin
Vacuuming with socks on her hands. Not sure where she came up with this idea...
Getting so tall
Daddy fixed Kadie's hair with a chip clip
We did a ton of canning in October! We made about twice the amount of apple pie filling pictured and about four times the amount of grape juice.
Nothing much happened during the second half of the month until we got to Halloween. About half way through the month, Covey started to ask Makadie what a ghost says and taught her they say, "boo!" with the little hand motions. It was pretty cute to see her do it. So like I said in my previous post, I had found Makadie's costume at the same place I'd found the princess dresses. But instead of dressing her like a princess for Halloween, I dressed her up as a little devil. :) She really isn't a devil child at all, so it was just kind of funny to me to dress her up as one. Plus, I thought it was a unique costume for her age.
Our ward had a Halloween party on the 30th at the church with some activities for the kids. I thought Makadie would have wanted to jump right into whatever was going on, but it turns out that seeing everyone in their Halloween costumes scared her more than anything. She barely cracked a smile the whole time we were there and wouldn't leave mine or Covey's side (we weren't dressed up). She just sat on our laps and looked around wide-eyed at everyone.
The next day was Halloween. Besides being the first Halloween that Makadie could really take part in trick or treating, it was also the day we were going to find out the gender of our baby! I had asked my mom to come and watch Kadie while Covey and I went to the appointment in Spanish Fork. We both had the feeling that we were going to be having a boy this time around, but were excited to see what the ultrasound would reveal (besides a healthy baby of course). So when the ultrasound tech showed us what we were having, we were like, "I knew it!" Everything else went smoothly and we left. We called our parents and siblings to let them know before we headed back home. Of course, we also took a picture in the car with the ultrasound print out showing the gender of the baby announcing we were having a baby and it was a boy! Most people didn't even know that I was pregnant (one advantage of having to bundle up in cold weather) so it was fun to surprise everyone.
Later that evening, I got Makadie all dressed up in her costume so we could go trick or treating when Covey got home. I'd been working with her for the last couple day trying to teach her how to say "Trick or Treat" and when she got up to someone's door and said it without prompting, I got the biggest smile. She just looked so darn cute! We just walked around our neighborhood block and Kadie was tired by the time we got back to our house. But not too tired to dump her candy out on the floor and try to eat it!
All in all, it was another good month for the Ogden's. And here's more pictures:
First pumpkin
Vacuuming with socks on her hands. Not sure where she came up with this idea...
Getting so tall
Daddy fixed Kadie's hair with a chip clip
We did a ton of canning in October! We made about twice the amount of apple pie filling pictured and about four times the amount of grape juice.




















































































0 comments:
Post a Comment