When I was in 5th grade, I sat next to a quiet girl named Lindsay. I don't remember how or when we became best friends, but we started eating lunch together every day and having sleepovers and playing with each other every spare moment we had. Half way through 5th grade, my family moved from Highland to Layton. But Lindsay and I stayed friends, continuing the phone calls and the sleepovers and tons of letters (we still used snail mail then...).

The summer before my junior year of high school, my family moved to Alpine, which meant that I would be going to the same high school as Lindsay. We were pretty excited about going to the same school again, but it turns out that while we were really good friends when we didn't live by each other, we had different types of friends in high school. To be honest, we didn't really talk too much during high school and we sort of lost track of each other afterwards.
I did get a wedding invitation from Lindsay about a year and a half after high school graduation and I went to the reception. We promised to get together but those promises were not fulfilled until this last Saturday when Lindsay and I finally got together for lunch. It was so much fun and it felt like we had never stopped being friends. Truthfully, I don't think we ever really did. I think the measure of a true and long lasting friendship is if you can go a long time without seeing or talking to someone, but the minute you see them, it is like you were never apart. I have a few friends like that and Lindsay is one of them.
After trying to decide where to go for lunch, we got lost in talking and catching up and didn't leave her house for another hour. We had decided on Zupa's and Lindsay and I are both pregnant (she is 3 weeks behind me and also having a girl!) so we wanted to eat somewhere relatively healthy. We stayed at Zupa's for another hour at least doing more talking and catching up. (Funny story: Lindsay ordered her food first and she ordered the exact same thing that I was going to order! We hadn't even talked about it beforehand either!)
Then we drove over to Ross and shopped for maternity clothes together and ended up buying a few things for our expanding bellies. (Can I just say that is it SO nice to have a few pieces of clothing that really fit me without being stretched out?) Afterwards, we drove back over to her house so I could drop her off and I could meet her husband who I hadn't met since the reception. He was super nice.
Before I left, he also took a couple pictures of Lindsay and me. We joked around that this was our kids first play date of many to come and we promised to get together again soon at my house so they could see it and also so they could meet Covey. All in all, I had a fantastic day getting together with Lindsay and I hope we can do it again soon!


2 comments:
How fun! Having a gf to be pregnant with makes it more fun. I seem to always bee just off the timing. Maybe the next time ;)
cute, cute, cute!! Love you both!!!
Post a Comment