My sister got married this last Friday!! She and Stephen got married in the Salt Lake Temple and it was AWESOME! It was kind of a surreal experience but so exciting. :) After pictures, we went to the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square for a luncheon with immediate family. Then we drove (as fast as traffic would allow us) to Alpine to get ready for the reception. We made it there about 5 minutes before it was supposed to start and Dani and Stephen were behind us! Oh well, they made it there eventually and it turned out alright since most people were running on Mormon Standard Time anyway. ;)
The reception was beautiful! They had it in a cultural hall but you never would have guessed it by the way things looked in there. It was pretty awesome. I don't have any pictures because I stopped carrying my camera around once we left the temple. I know, I know, I should have kept it with me but honestly, it was the last thing on my mind with everything that was going on with the reception.
We were finally able to shoo the two lovebirds out of the church just after 9pm and then it was time to clean everything up. Thankfully it all came down a lot more quickly than it went up (they spent a good 8 hours the day before setting it all up!) and then we finally got to go home. I was SO grateful that the next day was Saturday because I had a killer headache the next day and it was nice to have a day to recoup and not think about anything wedding.
Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Jones
Dani was pretty excited about being married ;)
Me, Chey, Dani and Sayler (niece)
Dani and Jennie
My mom and her long time friend Nancy
Mom and the bride and groom
Chey, Nancy and Steve
My step sister Brooke and her husband
Me and Sayler
Kissy face
We are so cute
All the sisters (Desirae, Chey, me, Danielle, Jennie)
Dani and sisters
All in all, it was a good day, even though I am ridiculously happy that it is over with (as I'm sure they are too). Getting married is great, but being married is even better and I am excited for them to start their new lives together! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment