As I mentioned in this post, I was trying to decide how to cut my hair. (Thanks so much to everyone who gave me their input! It really helped me decide.) After settling on a haircut I was kind of anxious to go and get it cut. Not because I thought it would turn out bad, but more because I haven't really had any drastic haircuts for quite some time. I have had some haircuts and hairstyles that are real doosies though so I felt justified in my anxiousness. Here are some examples of some previous haircuts/styles:
3rd Grade (love all the backcombing and lopsidedness of my hair--not to mention the massive bow)
5th Grade (I had my mom cut my hair the day before pictures--worst decision ever)
7th Grade (again with the puffy, mile-high, backcombed bangs--thank goodness I got rid of those soon after this picture was taken)
Sometimes I wonder what my mother was thinking when she let me out of the house looking like I did for my school pictures. Oh well. (My hair did get better after 7th grade, I'm happy to say.)
Now--on to the issue at hand: my new haircut. This is what my hair looked like just before I got it cut:
Front and back views
And this is my wonderful friend and former roommate, Amy, who has done my hair for the last 6 years or so.
After about an hour, she finally let me see myself in the mirror and this is what I saw:
Ta-da! (She cut about 5 inches off in the back.)
Thanks Amy!
I'm still trying to get used to how much shorter it is. I spent about an hour or so today just playing around with it to see if it was still long enough to pull it up and twist it around and other fun things. But it is fun and I really like it. It was time for a change and I'm glad that I did it. :)




2 comments:
i dont think i've ever seen your hair that short! you look hot! :) and im loving the home updates.
LOVE it! Just perfect for summer!
Post a Comment