When I was a junior in high school, I had some friends who were in a film class. One Saturday morning they called me up and asked if I wanted to help them make a music video. I wasn't doing anything so they came and picked me up and we were off for a day of filming. We literally went all over Highland, Alpine and Cedar Hills filming random stuff. We had so much fun! The song was "First Date" by Blink 182. Every time I watch the music video, I laugh my head off because it's just ridiculous. Not to mention it was 10 years ago! (That part makes me feel kind of old.) But seriously, watch it and see if you don't laugh.
The kind of funny thing about all this is that this summer, my friend Bryan, who posted the video on YouTube about 5 years ago, was contacted by AT&T about using parts of our video in a new Blink 182 music video. We were skeptical at first because Blink 182 hadn't come out with any new music in years so we wondered if it was a scam. That same week, news came out that Blink 182 was going to be releasing a new single. We sent over our permission slips and waited to see what would happen.
A few weeks later, Bryan sent us an email with a link to the new music video. We were in it about 3 different times, which was kind of fun to see because it actually was an official music video that Blink 182 put out. Not to mention, our entire music video won an award for "Best Fan Parody That Almost Ended in Manslaughter". That's something to pass along to the kids, huh? ;)

3 comments:
haha thats awesome! your practically famous. what a funny story :)
and by your i mean you're
That is cool :D I can't believe that we have been out of school for so long. Man I feel like I was that age just yesterday. I wish I had the video I made in HS...Covey is in it...we brought cookies to his house. The time goes by so fast! Here we are all these years later and you are about to have a baby! :)
Post a Comment