Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving in St. George

*Beware--this post has a lot of pictures.

This year, Covey and I were able to go down to St. George for Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family.  My dad and step-mom co-own a condo with some other people and it happened to be available over Thanksgiving weekend so we all decided to go down and take advantage of it!  It was a full house/condo for sure, with 10 people sharing the space.  (Good thing we all like each other!)

We drove down on Wednesday night after work and got there around 9:30 and went straight to bed.  Thanksgiving Day was so great!  We all went over to my Aunt Sue's house, who lives down in St. George, to help prepare the food for the feast. 



We ate around 2 and it was all so good!  Then we just chatted and relaxed and slept and ate more and watched football.  

 My niece, Sayler

My nephew, River, and Aunt Sue

 Me and Dani.  If we are together, you can bet we will take pictures of ourselves.

The boys were all zonked out after dinner


 My step-sister, Brooke

Me and Grandpa

Baby's first Thanksgiving dinner...sort of


Posing as a 'normal' family

Showing our true colors...

By the time we got back to the condo, I we were all so tired that we went to bed early and slept in.

On Friday, all the girls went to a craft expo and found some fun Christmas gifts!  That night, we went to Tuacahn for a little live nativity show.













This is possibly one of the ugliest pictures I have ever had taken of me and Dani

Covey was the official blanket holder for the night.

Saturday was absolutely beautiful and we took advantage of it!  We went up and hiked around Snow Canyon and enjoyed the sunshine.  (And when I say 'hiked' I really mean we walked on the paved path.  That's about all I could do and after 2 1/2 miles in the sun, I was tired.)  

Doing the manly thing of 'seeing who can throw their rock the furthest'

 A couple of 'Erkels'

With the way the shadows hit the rock, it looked like a man.


We ate lunch and then did some more relaxing and chatting with family.  I took a nap, which was fantastic and much needed.  (I still can't believe how easily I get tired!)

This morning, we got up and went to sacrament meeting, packed up and drove home.

We had such a great weekend and it was so nice to get away and relax and spend time with family.  That is what the holidays are all about.  I'm so grateful for my family and what a support they are to me.  I'm especially grateful for my husband, who is so thoughtful and caring and considerate of me and my needs.  I have truly been blessed!

0 comments: