Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cravings, Cooking and Crazy Dreams

A common question I get asked by people is, "So, do you have any weird cravings?"  The answer to this is "No, not really."  I mean, I have certain things that sound good, like fruits and veggies, but none of those crazy concoctions you hear about pregnant women having (i.e. pickles and ice cream, dirt, mayonnaise on everything).  Every once in a while, I crave some chocolate or maybe a burger, but I craved those before I got pregnant too.

HOWEVER...

I do have the desire to cook up a storm!  (It's probably a good thing I'm not at home all day because our house would be full of more food than we could consume!)  I have a Pinterest account (yes, I'm kind of addicted) and the thing I post more than anything else are recipes!  I've tried probably 3-4 new recipes over the last few weeks, but that's only because Covey has talked me out of trying more than that (I have a much wider variety of food that I like compared to my husband so sometimes trying new recipes on Covey can be a challenge).  

Last night I was looking through the recipes I'd saved and one kept calling my name "Doughnut Muffins".  I couldn't stop myself from making them (although I did half the recipe).  I pulled out the mixing bowl and all of the ingredients needed (good thing we had it all) and got to cooking.  And oh baby, they were GOOD!  I ate 2 last night and 1 this morning.  Odds are I will eat another one (or two) tonight before I go to bed.  Covey just laughs at me and I tell him it's the baby's fault. :)

Lastly, I have had some CRAZY dreams.  Having weird dreams is not all that unusual for me, but these are really strange, even by my standards!  I can't say what the dreams are about besides the fact that even while I'm dreaming, I'm thinking, 'This is just weird'.  The worst part about these dreams is that they wake me up in the middle of the night.  (In addition to having to wake up all night to go to the bathroom and change positions, this is just one more thing that usually prevents me from sleeping through the night.  I know people say this is to prepare you for the baby, but seriously.  Couldn't I try to catch up on my sleep a little bit before the baby's born?!)

Anyways, that is the update on my life.  That and the fact that I'm turning 26 tomorrow!  I'll officially be over a quarter century old.  I actually like being 25.  24 was good too.  But turning 26 makes me that much closer to being 30 and I am way too young to be turning 30!  Oh well.  I will post a picture of me and my growing belly soon!

1 comments:

Vallen Family said...

yay! We are 26! I hope you have a fun birthday. I know the feeling that 26 is just so much closer to 30.