Yesterday started out as a really nice day with sunshine and blue skies, but in the afternoon it started turning ugly with rain and wind. We had wanted to go up the canyon with some friends and were worried that the weather was going to prevent us from that. We made some tin foil dinners and stopped by the store to get some drinks, marshmallows and roasting sticks. As we drove up the canyon, it started to rain a little bit. But it started to clear up again soon after we got up there and we felt a little better. Then it started to rain, then blue skies and more rain and some wind, then clearing. Talk about bipolar weather.
Dan and Kanessa joined us about 10 minutes later and we got the fire going so we could cook our dinners. Meanwhile, we played some croquet and it started raining again. Nice. Finally it stopped again and we ate our dinners. They were SO good! Seriously, food cooked over a campfire is just amazing, especially tin foil dinners. YUM!
After letting our food digest for a little bit, we pulled out the marshmallows. Now, these are not just any marshmallows. These are the biggest marshmallows you've ever seen in your life. And they were AMAZING! Not only were they huge, but they tasted about a million times better than the regular marshmallows. Am I in love with these marshmallows, you ask? I just might be. (But don't tell Covey...)
We chilled by the fire for a little longer and then packed up and went home. Even though we got rained on and it was windy and kind of cold, it was still fun to go up the canyon and just enjoy each other's company. We're looking forward to many more bonfire nights this summer. And you better believe we are bringing our monster size marshmallows with us...
I was not pleased with the weather... :(
I don't care who you are. You cannot look at this and tell me it doesn't look freaking delicious. (And it was!)
Covey warming up his tush
Roasting marshmallows
Kanessa and Hunter
Do you see how big these marshmallows were?!
Yummy, gooey, sticky sweetness
In love with my marshmallow
So. Good.

2 comments:
AW, we NEED to be there!!! I looks like fun. Can't wait to come home so we can camp :)
I know! I wish you were here too so you could have come with us! Just add that to the list of things to do when you guys come in August! :)
Post a Comment