Yesterday, Covey and I celebrated our two year anniversary. On my lunch break, I went to WalMart and found a mini-grill. Covey has been begging to get a grill because he loves to BBQ, but we haven't had enough room. I was really excited to give it to him because we hadn't talked about getting gifts for each other. So I set it up in my trunk and when I got home I asked Covey to go out and get "something I left in the trunk". He kept asking me what it was and I told him it was potatoes. I heard him coming back down the stairs, holding his new little BBQ and had a big smile on his face. It was so fun to see him so surprised. :) When I had walked in the door though, there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the table that Covey had picked out and put together himself. He'd also made me a little card to go along with it. I love him. :)
Soon after all this, we got ready to go out to dinner. We are trying to save money so we didn't want to do anything really expensive. I found out about a great deal going on at TGI Friday's and Covey and I both really like that restaurant so we went there for dinner. Every time we go there, we get the fried green beans for an appetizer. I don't know what it is about those fried green beans but they are so good! Covey always gets the Jack Daniel's Flat Iron and swears it is the best inexpensive steak he's ever had. For dessert we had this absolutely divine Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. Yuuuuummmmm!!!
Then we went bowling at Fat Cats. When it comes to Covey and I bowling, you never know who is actually going to win. Turns out that we each won one game. I think the funniest thing that happened was when I bowled a frame left handed and it went into the gutter so I turned around and then Covey pointed down the lane and when I turned around I saw that I had gotten a strike! The ball had bounced out of the gutter and hit all the pins. Too bad I missed seeing it happen. :(
After bowling, we went and got the movie 'Love Happens' with Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart. It was a cute movie. All in all, it was a good night and it was a fun way to spend our second anniversary. We're on our way to another great year!

4 comments:
Way to go Shani for beating Covey the first game! Wahoo 2 years! Congratulations friends! :)
Congrats on 2 years!!!
It sounds like a perfect celebration to me! :) :) :) Thanks for sharing! Let another YEAR of GREAT MEMORIES BEGIN :) :) Hope all is well! love you guys!
Congrats you two!! Anniversaries are the BEST!!
Post a Comment